Baseline Recruit Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), our data controller is Tracey Ellis who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site baselinerecruit.com (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, submit a CV, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, upload information to our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including, but not limited to, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including, but not limited to, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
• information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
· Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our site to identify your computer as you view different pages of our site.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use our site and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve our site structure, design, content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our site. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to our site.
• Test content on our site. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• Store information about your preferences. Our site can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our site functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you already receive or have enquired about;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
· Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
· Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
· Selected third parties including:
• business partners, clients, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
• advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
• credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Baseline Recruit Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.